Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Play Ball!


Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal.
- George F. Will

Last week here in Jerusalem, we dodged a blizzard, though we still got lots of rain, hail and chilly temps. This week has started out the extreme opposite. Beautiful clear blue skies with a warm sun beating down. Perfect baseball weather! Or softball more accurately. Yep – in yet another sign of an increasing American presence in Israel I was delighted to hear the crack of the baseball bat and the hollers of outfielders "calling the catch" as I made my way home past Gan Soccer. Too bad I didn’t have my good camera on me at the time. Took these shots with the emergency one.


Perhaps one day they will rename it Gan Baseball?

And the only clouds to appear today came at sundown. Here’s my view of today's sunset over Bayit Vegan in the distance.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pinchas said...

Okaaay...well, that's not exactly the response I was going for... Thanks for sharing!

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home