Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Lag B'Omer In Meron: Daytime Photos

This is part two of my Meron photos. First check out part one: the night pictures, which can be found by clicking here.

Looks like someone is getting a haircut today!

Awesome prayers in awesome surroundings...

Rav Shimon Bar Yochi!

See that Zayin and Chaf "written" on that mountain. A chassid told me it stands for "Zeh Kisah shel Eliyahu," this is the chair of Elijah!

At 5:41AM - exactly sunrise, everything got quiet as everyone prayed the silent Shmona Esrei.

"Is there more room up there on the roof?"

What a minyan!

Every inch of space was used...

...literally.

Even as we made our way out to find some breakfast there were people davening the whole way down.

And booths selling their wares.

And well rested visiters. (More like not so well rested.)

And more people.


And more booths.

As you can see the surroundings are just breathtaking!

But what a holy mess!

Ahh, breakfast! "Flip me a danish!"

"And, flip me a shoko (chocolate milk)."

The Breslav Booth.

I love Lag B'Omer!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the roof picture.

11:13 AM  
Blogger A Simple Jew said...

I always enjoy your picture postings. Keep up the great work!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home